Saturday, August 30, 2008

Did you know I work for Walgreens?

Or....
I made money shopping at Walgreens today!

Yes, I made money today shopping at Walgreens. I happened to wake up very early and started perusing the online ads and such, and then worked up a couple of deals I just couldn't pass up. Here's how it went down.

I bought:
Crest Pro-health toothpaste - 3.79
Chemistry conditioner - 7.99
Lip Moisturizer stick - 1.99
Cuticle oil - 4.79
(2) Dawn dish soaps - .99 each (regular 1.99)
Nivea men's body wash - 4.99
Gillette Fusion razor (w/ bonus!)- 9.99
(2) Prep H wipes - 3.99 each
Neutra air kit - 9.99 (regular 11.99)
(2) Poster boards - .25 each (regular .79)
Total before coupons
53.07

Then for my coupons:
$10/$40 purchase (supposedly this can be used only if $40 is your total AFTER manuf. coupons - my checker let me use it first)
$4/1 Gillette Fusion
$5/1 Neutra Air kit
(2) .50/1 Dawn dish soap
$3/1 Prep H
$2/1 Prep H
$3/1 Chemistry conditioner (Aug ES book)
(2) $2/1 Prep H (Aug ES Book)
Total after coupons
21.07 OOP

I then submitted my receipt for both the August ES rebates and the September ES rebates. I get them put on a Walgreens gift card, so I get a 10% bonus. That means I'll be getting back:
Neutra Air - 3.00
Crest - 4.79
Chemistry conditioner - 7.99
Lip moisturizer - 1.99
Cuticle oil - 4.79
Nivea body wash - 4.99
Total: 27.55 + 2.75 bonus = $30.03

I made $9.23 today shopping at Walgreens!
(The bad part is I could have done better if I'd planned ahead and had more coupons for some of the rebate items. Oh well.)



2 comments:

sara h. said...

OK hol...
I'm not gonna lie, it's like i'm reading a different language when you do these posts.
I do very much appreciate your powers of organization.(even if I don't quite understand it all.)

~S

Maricle Mom said...

Hee hee! I'll send you a nice link sometime to help you understand. You, too, could work for Walgreens...too bad they don't offer a recruiting bonus!