Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I'm a Granny"

Last weekend we helped my mom and dad move. ("We" means Chris and I. Rory and Soren sort of "helped" when they returned from cousin Becky's house on Saturday night. More comic relief than anything.)


While unpacking we came across a stack of crocheted doilies. Now, I myself do not fully appreciate the beauty and intricacy of such items, but apparently my mom does. Because she had a ton of them. After the "special" doilies... (Aren't they really ALL special? Oh, excuse me, let me get my tongue out of my cheek before I continue!) After the "special" doilies were put away, Aunt Sukey helped the girls dress up in the leftovers/discards/lesser specimens.


Soren must have an appreciation for the very old and intricate, because as soon as she was "dressed," she used her creakiest voice and a short crouched walk to channel someone much older than her three years. Here's a picture. She walked a short way a across the room, creaking out, "I'm a granny. I'm a granny. I'm a granny." It was truly hysterical (and a little historical, I'm sure)!


2 comments:

sara h. said...

hey. go to my blog and click the icon on the top left, when you get there click on free backgrounds and go from there.

Maricle Mom said...

Hey, thanks. I think I tried to do it before but it didn't work well with the template I'd picked. I'll try again.