Saturday, August 2, 2008

Walgreens Plan - Get more cereal!!

Here's my best scenario for getting the most out of the Kellogg's rebate and Walgreens cereal sale.

According to the Kellogg's website (
http://www2.kelloggs.com/Promotion/PromotionDetail.aspx?PID=9117), to get the Kellogg's $10 mail-in-rebate, you must purchase 10 items ALL IN THE SAME TRANSACTION. I am learning that doing multiple transactions at any one store increases your rewards for that store, so this made my scenario a little more difficult. And the register receipt MUST BE DATED AUGUST 5TH or AFTER!

I plan to buy:
(2) Froot Loops
(2) Corn Pops
(6) Pop Tarts

The total price for these should be $22 + tax. (Cereals 4/$10, Pop Tarts 5/$10, added one Pop Tart to get the 10th item needed for the Kellogg's rebate.)

After using (2) $1/2 cereal coupons, and (3) $1/2 Pop Tart coupons, and $3 in RR from a previous purchase, my OOP is $14 + tax. I then should get $5 RR for the cereal (pg. 1 of the weekly ad), and $5 RR for the Pop Tarts (pg. 3 of the weekly ad). Plus I can use this one receipt to get the $10 mail-in-rebate (MIR)from Kellogg's.

Summary: $14 OOP
- $5 RR (cereal)
- $5 RR (Pop Tarts)
- $10 MIR
$6 PROFIT!!!

I will probably stock up on more cereal without the Kellogg's MIR, and it should still be a good deal.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

ughh why did I not read your blog before I went to WAGS this am!! I wanted to get in on the deal and the way things work around my house people clean out the shelves FAST on days when deals start. I got all the Kelloggs cereals.. did not do the snacks! I messed up.. not good. so I missed out on a $5 RR (getting the $5 snack RR) plus I may not get my rebate!

Shannon said...

By looking at the WAG ad, it doesn't look like you will be able to get 2 $5 RR if everything is in the same transaction. Also, the Kellogg's link posted is for 2007. Is there another link for a current offer?

Maricle Mom said...

Sorry for the confusion! I don't get the WAGS ad in my paper, so was looking at the online scan. Must not be able to see the fine print. I DID check the Kellogg's insert, however, and it does say that all 10 items have to be on the same receipt, and the receipt has to be dated between August 5th and September 30, 2008.

Thanks for the correction!

Unknown said...

I am actually new to couponing and saving money and shopping..>LOL. I wondered if u could help me out with this. I would love to do it in mostly cereal. Now...I dont have register rewards becuase this will be my first time shopping at walgreens...they are new here and I havent dared to go in yet. LOL. Could u explain to me what I could do to save as much as I can? Thanks

Valerie said...

The only problem you'll have is getting the rebate. You purchased your products too soon. The rebate date starts on the 5th, so Kellogg's probably won't honor it.

Maricle Mom said...

This is just my plan--I haven't purchased any of this yet. Hopefully all of this will be in stock on Tuesday!