Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Soren's First Day of Preschool

Soren has been waiting to go to preschool for a long time. It has been especially hard during the past week since Rory went to school.

Before we get to the actual "first day" documentation, I'd like to share a couple of
Soren's preconceived notions about preschool:
1) Anytime anyone asks Soren what she thinks she's going to do/learn/play at preschool, she says, "PAINT!" This has occurred during many, many conversations with many, many people over the last many, many weeks. She seems to think painting is what you do at preschool. (I do admit, painting is a novelty around here. I really don't ever let them do it. Unfortunately, there was no painting today. Don't worry- she lived.)
2) When we visited the preschool classroom last week, her teacher asked me if she was going to go by "Soren" or "Sosi" at school. I hadn't really thought about it, so I asked Soren what she thought. At first she said, "Soren. My name is Soren." Then she thought for about three more seconds, and said, "They can call me 'Dragon', because I breathe fire." (I really don't know where that came from. Really, I don't.)


On to the FIRST DAY:

After breakfast Soren put on her new dress (without help, and without saying, "I can't," even once!) and we put her "Welcome to Preshool" paper and mandatory Kleenex donation into her backpack. We took pictures outside, and then we were off to school. She wasn't even a little bit nervous when we got there, just super interested in the play kitchen. (She was so interested that I had to pull her away from it and put her back in the line to get her nametag, etc.)

Some pictures:



"I'm so excited to go, I just cannot stand still!"



"I am really annoyed that my sister has to be in MY picture!"

"I am so distracted! Is that a play kitchen over there?"

No comments: